Heading to your holiday destination with a layover in China? Well, you might just be eligible for a 144 hour (that’s 6 days!) visa-free stay during your transit. If you’ve time to spare, this is a great opportunity to explore China before moving on to another country.
The 144 hour visa-exemption applies to you if:
1) You are transiting through mainland China to a 3rd country (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) via the following cities: Beijing, Dalian, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Shanghai, Shengyang, Shijiazhuang, Tianjin.
2) You must have already purchased the onward ticket to your next country, to depart within 144 hours upon arrival, with confirmed seat and departure time. Your passport must be valid for at least another 3 months
3) You are a passport holder from one of 53 eligible countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Republic of Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania, Monaco, Belarus, United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
4) No records of illegal entry/exit, stay or employment in China over the past 5 years, or other illegal violations
Some important things to note, and rules to follow:
1) 144 hours begins from 12am on the day after arrival
2) You may enter/exit via train, ferry or plane.
3) You must stay within the permitted region. You may enter/exit mainland China from different cities as long as they are within the same region (eg. Shanghai and Hangzhou). You many not however, travel to another region that is different from your port of entry.
Region A: Shanghai Municipality, Jiangsu Province and Zhejiang Province
Ports within Region A: Shanghai Pudong International Airport, Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport, Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal, Shanghai Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal, Shanghai Railway Station, Nanjing Lukou International Airport and Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport
Region B: Beijing Municipality, Tianjin Municipality and Hebei Province
Ports within Region B: Beijing Capital International Airport, Tianjing Binhai International Airport, Tianjin International Cruise Home Port, Shijiazhuang Zhengding International Airport and Qinhuangdao Sea Port
Region C: Liaoning Province
Ports within Region C: Shenyang Taoxian International Airport and Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport
Visa-free tour with U China Travel:
With a max of 144 hours to spare, you’ll want a smooth and fuss-free travel in China.
We’ll be happy to customise a private tour, suited to your travel times and preferences, to help you explore the wonders of China.
If you have more questions or looking for a hassle-free tour in China, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to answer your queries!